Monday, November 06, 2006

"Mean Women"

I was watching Oprah Winfrey recently and on that day the talk was on "mean girls". And the summary of it is that: these ladies behaved that way are because they are not happy with their own life and are jealous of the other parties.
That moment it gave me all the answers why my neighbor living in front( just moved in a couple of years) of me is so mean to every thing I do including the type of plants I planted to the type of window panes I used. I feel like being watched 24/7/365. She even knows which potted plant I have moved and who has visited me recently. What is surprising is she has ears a mile long and knows what I and my friends gossip about! She even knows if my sister-in-law did not visit me for awhile. She will start to make-up stories to others that I had quarreled with my sis-in -law. She will make up stories and tell my other friends that I am the one that did this and says that about them. Even my three sons were not spared. Gossips about their studies and the universities they go to.
I was in the dark about her doings towards me until one friend told me about it. Apparently every morning she will wake -up cursing me. I initially told my friend one curse made will manifest into 100 curses reflected back at the person who curse. I classified her as insane and also felt so much hatred towards her.
After watching the show something just hit me to write a book on titled “Mean Women".
I saw all the reasons why she acted in this manner; she is such a sad person. She is dying for romance in her marriage, children that can be obedient and do well in her studies. Friends that can be true to her, beauty and brains as well. She is longing for a warm and lovely home. I am now in the mid of writing the book. She is not the main focus I have included others as well. Its very detail and very bitchy. Writing the book is so timely as I found it to be therapeutic. I have no more hatred but I just felt sorry for her and the rest. I understand better on the reasons behind such behaviors.
My dear friends out there if you had any experiences of your own and would like to write it out and contribute to the book. All contributions will be acknowledged in the book itself. You are all most welcome! I plan to launch the book in June and 10 % of the sales proceed to be given to MAKNA in memory of my only brother who had died of cancer on 10th Jan 2006

10 comments:

Honeyzsa Rose said...

Bravo Cik Puteh!

Make it fun, juicy & bitchy yet full with lessons in life and self reflection.

Can't wait to read your books!

Missmalaysia'76 said...

Thanks for encouragement to write the book. Any contribution from your experiences.

Unknown said...

Hi Puteh che che,

Whoa! You are a dynamic woman, full of ideas and innovatives. Great! i'm looking forward to read your book.
You got all my support.

Namaste.

Missmalaysia'76 said...

Thanks Agnes,

You are my great supporter!I am sure you have lots of stories to share. Will dedicate a chapter for your experiences with " Mean Woman".

Unknown said...

So much you say is soooo true;

Why are some women so supportive when others are obviously not from this planet...

I shall start pondering the Kiwi Chapter!!

Missmalaysia'76 said...

Ok Ele, like what Rose says:-Make it fun, juicy & bitchy yet full with lessons in life and self reflection ---the nz version. Looks like I have to explore international publisher or we can even launch it in christchurch

Pyng said...

Perhaps you want to explore a little further, to include "mean women striving to be good". I believe that, even in every mean woman, there's still a little seed of GREATNESS implanted in her... Those episodes of gossips and unkind remarks of your neighbour are but a manifestation of her own unhappiness. But if she is given the opportunity to unleash her potential, to realise she can be a better person, that little seed would blossom into a beautiful bloom.... Argh, this is but my 'Morning Talk'... By afternoon, the positive tone sometimes wears 'thin'... what with all the negative energy around
.... By evening, I may be roaring like a tigress!!!! hahaha Good morning, my dear Puteh.

Missmalaysia'76 said...

Ha!ha! Pyng
Well said.Next Book "Mean women striving to be good"

Missmalaysia'76 said...

Pyng,
One chapter for you and your experiences with "mean women striving to be good" It will add value to the book any may help readers to see themselves better.Unleash potential as you rightly put it.

Pyng said...

This is the tail end of the day, and :-) I am stil here and have yet to roar. I think it's good to pen one's thoughts, because you become conscious of what you have put in print... That also makes 'pushing the button'a critical decision. The minute I push 'send' or 'publish your comment', as in this case, the message shoots off.... reminds you of how 'Mean Women' shoot their words a little too soon, doesn't it?

This springs another thought : we can actually avoid being 'Mean Women, if we are circumspect about our ACTION. Let's admit it, we all have nasty thoughts, naughty thoughts, angry thoughts, now and then, but THAT doesn't make us BAD, or MEAN, if we know how to diffuse our anger, reason out things. In other words, we have to CHECK our thoughts and STOP those negative thoughts, before they become a MEAN ACT......

Hey, that seems pretty wise, don't you think so?

And - I have lots to do before I call it a day, really. So much for it being the 'tail end' of my day!

Will seriously consider that ONE CHAPTER that may spell HOPE for all them mean women out there!!!

Pyng, signing off..................