Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Reflections

Cancer is just a word. That’s what I told my son Richard. Being a cancer survivor is just life. Richard’s life is not any different than anybody else, is just his particular journey, his particular experience. He just experiences a successful knee replacement surgery. He is recovering brilliantly. He will be out of his crutches in four weeks time.
I told him “Life is a journey; It’s not a guided tour." His experience has made him think seriously about being an Orthopedic Surgeon!

2 comments:

Pyng said...

My dear Puteh,

What can I say, about this dear friend who's just celebrated 51 years of love and joy, and now is into her 52nd year of even better things in life?! You deserve all the good things in life, Puteh!

May God's richest blessings be upon you always. Happy Birthday.

It really doesn't matter 'where'you celebrate your birthday. What matters is knowing that you're loved.

From across the miles,
Pyng,
with all my best wishes and prayer for you.

Pyng said...

... and here's one specially for Richard, through his mom.

Kiddo,

Though the distance makes it hard for me to visit you, just want you to know that you're in my prayer.

Just focus on getting well.

Love from Auntie FPyng