Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Famous TVB actress Lydia Shum Din-Ha died on 19 February 2008 of liver cancer



RIP
Lydia Shum was affectionately nicknamed by her fans "Fei Fei" which means "fat" and "hoi Sum Kor " means "happy fruit" in Cantonese because of her plump physique and comedies.

I was introduced to her by my aunty during my primary school days. She was then a child star. Since 1965 my aunty will watch every single movie of hers . She will have to take me along otherwise my grandma would not let her go alone or with her other friends.I became fluent in cantonese language through movies. Since then she became one of my favourite cantonese actress. She must have made more than 100 movies!

My all time favourite is the TVB variety show 'Enjoy Yourself Tonight' hosted by her.
She had audiences not only in Hong Kong but in mainland China and Chinese communities around the world. She is indeed my favourite TVB star who had brought lots of laughter into my life, with a career spanning more than four decades.

The actress is survived by her only child Joyce Cheng and her former husband -- actor and singer Adam Cheng Siu-chow.

No comments: