Monday, March 31, 2008

no words


When I was a little girl, my mom used to tell me - To think before I speak “As words that are spoken ,you can’t take it back”. You can simply eat anything but WORDS you can’t simply say it without knowing the true meaning. I was guided by this basic principles of my mom!

My principal at my primary school ( Marian Convent Ipoh , Malaysia)always ends the school assembly with :-remember children “If you can’t say anything nice, say nothing at all”.

And during my days at the Bank my favorite quote was “If you don’t open your mouth, I don’t say you are dumb!” – Direct translation from my great grand ma’s favorite quotation.

My Chinese Grandma from China used to remind me that : “The most poisonous thing in this world is the mouth; beware of the words that you use. Remember do not curse others as a 100 curses will come back to you”.

When I relate them to my three sons, now and then, they always had a good laugh at my directly translated Chinese quotations, that were hand me downs from my great grand ma days!

Nowadays, I use western quotes, some of them are:-

"Words do two major things: They provide food for the mind and create light for understanding and awareness." Jim Rohn

"It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn." Robert Southey

"Handle them carefully, for words have more power than atom bombs." Pearl Strachan


"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them." Abigail Adams

"Refuse to criticize, condemn, or complain. Instead, think and talk only about the things you really want." Brian Tracy

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." Mother Teresa


"Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory." Norman Vincent Peale

Remember the song "Words" by Bee Gees,
You think that I don’t even mean a single word I Say. Its only words and words are all I have, to take your heart away. Bee Gees

How meaningful!
No words - just Make it a Great Day,Week, Month, Year !

No comments: