Thursday, November 29, 2007

LIVESTRONG

Concluding November, I like to share about the books I have read in the past few months..
The first book entitled "IF at First" chronicles the little known stories of personal struggle behind some of history 's most famous achievers. The underlining message behind thirty inspiring biographies is "The secret of success is learning to recognise the importance of failure"

The next is "Foods that Fight Cancer"(I took six months to finish this book, and read it over and over again) Now I am prepared to pass it on. It clearly explains how different foods work to protect the body against different cancers and show which foods will be effective.

I took so long because in the past months, I been trying out recipes combining those foods with Asian herbs and Asian style of cooking.
My son who is under going chemo is enjoying my cooking. Most days he ask for supper too.The dietitian is very happy with his progress because he has not lost any weight.

In fact he looks very good. I have used varies ingredients, lot of love and common sense in my cooking. Some mothers have been asking for my recipe.
I plan to write it down properly and blog it for all to share.
One regret ,I OVERLOOK taking pictures of the dishes. Never too late, I will start from today.
I will post it on my blog once its ready!

The 3rd book "LIVESTRONG" is a compilation of inspirational stories from cancer survivors- from diagnosis to treatment and beyond...... This book inspires me to keep reading it. I bring along to every hospital visits.

I can memorises and repeat all the cases.Whenever I get the chance I discuss the strength determination and the positivity of all survivors to my son.
I want to constantly reassure him of his own strength , his own motivation and his positive attitude.

He is fondly call the Lion Heart in VI for his organisational and leadership skills, Some Friends call him the brave heart.

His classmates at Riccarton High fondly called him "Wonder Boy". Last week he was given a new nickname ,the nurses fondly called him " The Amazing Kid".

Amazing because despite his condition he is currently sitting for his NCEA exams.(Equivalent to STPM).He missed school for 7 months, did his own studying when he feels good and prepared himself for the exams. Some papers are taken in hospital during chemo sessions, this few days his Maths and physics test is done at home because his neutrophils are too low to start the next chemo. He will have one more paper tomorrow .

Everyone here admires his strength and his intelligence.
To me he is my son and he is a genius!. I am so fortunate that I have a great boy. Yes he is truly amazing a born leader ... a class monitor from primary one to three, school prefect from primary four to six and Head boy as well. A Prefect in Victoria Institution .

As one teacher puts it" This Chap is going to accomplish great things in life, he already did."

Looking at kids back in Kuala Lumpur where parents spends thousands of ringgit on tuition money just to get straight A's. I just felt so lucky, but then again I can't blame the parents!?....

....Reminds me of what Opposition leader Lim Kit Siang says over the shocking collapse of the RM4.5 million Perak state park corporation's two-storey building in Belum.

Quote "Lim said the incident adds to the list of growing evidence that under Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, the country is degenerating from 'First-World Infrastructure, Third-World Mentality' to 'Third-World Infrastructure, Fourth-rate Mentality'.

Well The building is tangible, the intangible is our Education System,( I personally felt the collapse!!) the effect can be felt decades later..... in the form of the quality of engineers, lawyers, doctors and politician etc...like our Information Minister or worst ?

Well! time will tell.....I wear yellow every Saturday(Bersih march for electoral clean up) for our children the future leaders. Its our responsibility to prepared them for our great country like our fathers and fore fathers did for us.

I am confident Malaysia will turn out well for our future generations.
So lets LIVESTRONG!


A rare voice of reason "Bersih march for electoral clean up"

No comments: