Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Happy 18th Birthday"

The Greatest 18 yr old on earth.

18years ago today at half past one I gave birth to a bouncy baby boy .Dad and two older brothers were at home sound asleep. It’s me and baby at the hospital until daylight when they got the news.

Today 18 years later, it’s me and baby, now a young man in hospital together. Dad and two older brothers at home. Same scenario, different circumstances at a different place.

We waited until twelve midnight, I gave him a big hug, kiss and wish for good health. He wanted to know how he was born and was it very painful for me.

I remember clearly, It started when I had spotting at 10pm, got a shower, pack and off to the hospital. While there, at about 12pm the nurses ask Dad and brothers to go home. They told them, “It won’t be that fast properly the next day”. About one and the half hours later baby came along. It was fast and an easy birth.

How painful is it Mom? I just can’t remember the pain. I can only remember the feelings of great joy when I held him in my arms and the first time I look at the beautiful face.

Today I look down at the same beautiful face that had grown into a young sensible man. We talk for hours about everything from being born to future career planning.

The most important advice don’t choose a career your parents want. Look inside your heart and feel your passion, follow your heart and just go for it. I will guide him to achieve it.

When I was a young girl I use to read romance book and they always describe the hero as “tall, dark and handsome”.

Well this 18year old, hero of mine is “Tall, tan, brilliant, loving, strong and handsome.” The world is at your feet son! You are now a young man, follow your heart and may your dreams come true. God will guide you and bless you in your life journey.

Happy 18th Birthday! Enjoy life and live strong.
With love always from mom.

No comments: