Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sponsor a child

Sponsor a child



“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.


On monday my son walk out of his room beaming with happiness. He told me he had achieved one of his life goals. He sponsored a 11 year old African child with his pocket money. With just NZ$40 per month he helps provide the child with education access, healthcare , clean water and a brighter future.
I am really proud of my 18 year old boy. A young man full of love and compassion. I told him he will be able to meet the child one day and help lots more.That instant when I look at his handsome face I could feel his sense of happiness and satisfaction.
He actions put me to shame as I have been thinking of it but never got on to doing it! What are we waiting for ladies....stop buying a pair of shoes per month ( I am a shoe addict) and we can help a family!.

http://www.worldvision.org


No comments: